Wednesday, September 06, 2006

я люблю Россию ...


or in English, I love Russia.
I thought I'd post a few pictures from my last trip to Russia. I had a blast and I can't wait to return soon.



The picture above is of my friend, Emily, and me in front of St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow. As you can, see were being silly. The Russians and tourists around us were quite perplexed by our actions.






These are some of my Russian friends (Dennis, Jenya, Vadim, and Vova). We had gone to a campfire, or what they call a kosteur, and had roasted hotdogs on sticks. They, of course, drank Vodka, the Russian "tradition."

9 comments:

SP said...

I couldn't help but notice the scaffolding in the background. What is it about going overseas and thinking you're going to see some great architecture, but there is scaffolding instead?

Allie Marie Photography said...

I'm putting Russia on my places to go list...It looks amazing! :)

SP said...

To Allie: Ummm...that would be after North Africa, missy!

Bella Sera said...

Shannon..I think God just wants us to look BEYOND the scaffolding at what is being created. Or every overseas trip is under construction and it becomes the tour of scaffolding.

Sara, Eli and I are talking about taking a trip to Russia since I've always wanted to go...Allie you're welcome to come along, after you visit N Africa of course :) Or maybe we could "swing by" N Africa and pick up Shann "on the way" to Russia.....

Sarah Dean said...

Girls...that would be AWESOME!! I mean, as long as I decide to go. It's still very scary...
Shannon- It's so true. Scaffolding is EVERYWHERE. You can never escape it.

Mandy said...

Russia does look amazing...I wish I were independantly wealthy so I could spend my life traveling. Hmmmmm...or, maybe I could find a way to take over for Rick Steves.

SP said...

Mandy, you're not half the dork that Rick Steves is. Love him, though!

SP said...

Sarah, you could SO do it! It's the best feeling in the world! With Skype calls and video, you feel like you're not far from home. It doesn't seem like a month has already gone by!

Bella Sera said...

Pack your bags Sarah!!